One of the most asked questions in the world of PCs based on the Ryzen 3000 platform, especially when it comes to high-end processors like the 3900X and 3950X, is almost always … What is the best motherboard for this system?
What is the Best Motherboard for a Ryzen 9 3900X?
So there is a huge range of motherboards for users who want to get the most out of AMD’s 12-core, 24-thread processor, one that is undeniably the biggest rival to the Intel Core 9900K, thanks to its gaming performance, in workloads, and of course, super competitive price.
That said, of this gigantic range, what are the best options? Of course, we have to look at X570 motherboards, although the old X470 and B450 also support the processor.
At the end of the cable, this range has support for the new AX Wireless chips, options of 2.5 or 5GBe LAN, better support for RAM memory, support for the PCIe 4.0 standard. Still, only one model supports the much desired Thunderbolt 3 (ASRock X570 Taichi and Extreme4)
Very briefly, it is not easy to recommend a specific motherboard, since it will also depend a little on what the user wants from his machine.
However, it is always a good idea to look at what ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI and ASRock have to offer, especially in the higher ranges.
5 Best Motherboards For Ryzen 9 3900x
Below we have short list of some top motherboards for Ryzen 9 3900x.
Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard
About this item
- AMD AM4 socket: ready for 2nd, and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and up to two M. 2 drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2, and AMD StoreMI to maximize connectivity and speed.
- Comprehensive thermal design: active PCH heatsink, M. 2 aluminum heatsink and ROG cooling zone.
- High-performance networking: on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO support, 2. 5 Gaps Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet, both with Asus LANGuard protection, and support for GameFirst V software.
- 5-Way Optimization: automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
- DIY friendly design: pre-mounted I/O shield, Asus SafeSlot, BIOS Flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard
About this item
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics processors
- Dual channel ECC/ non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 14 phases Infineon digital VRM solution with 50A power stage
- Advanced thermal design – Fins-array heatsink & direct touch heat pipe
- Triple ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with triple thermal guards
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 802.11Ax & BT 5 with AORUS antenna
- Alc1220-vb & ESS Sabre 9218 DAC, 130dB rear
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
About this item
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Aura Sync RGB: ASUS-exclusive aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 headers
- Comprehensive cooling: active PCH heatsink, MOS heatsink with 8mm Heatpipe, Dual on-board M. 2 heatsinks and a water pump + Header
- Gaming connectivity: supports PCIe 4. 0, HDMI 2. 0, DisplayPort 1. 2 and features dual M. 2 and USB 3. 2 Type-A and Type-C connectors
- Gaming networking: 2. 5Gbps LAN and Intel Gigabit Ethernet With ASUS LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO, and Gateway teaming via GameFirst V
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS.
Reference Link: Asus.com
MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS Motherboard
About this item
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for AM4 socket
- Supports ddr4 memory, up to 4400+(oc) MHz
- Audio boost 4 technology with nahimic 3 software enhancement for immersive experiences
- Frozr heatsink with patented fan design – propeller blade technology and double ball bearings
- Pre-installed IO shielding is grounded and protects the IO ports from potential electrostatic discharge damage from the external environment
ASRock B450M STEEL LEGEND Socket Motherboard
About this item
- Chipset: AMD Promontory B450
- Slots: 3x PCI-Express 3. 0 x16 Slots (one runs at x8, one runs at x4), 3x PCI Express 2. 0 x16 Slots (run at x4), 1x PCI Express 2. 0 x1 Slot
- Multi-graphics: Supports AMD Quad Crossfire and Crossfire Technology. OS – Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- Audio: Realtek ALC892 7. 1-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC with content protection
- LAN: Realtek RTL8111H PCIE x1 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
In the meantime, please be aware that AMD itself has sent review kits with two motherboards, the ASRock X570 Taichi and Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master, to accompany two processors, the Ryzen 7 3700X and Ryzen 9 3900X.
So we can say that the manufacturer itself thinks that these motherboards have everything needed to get the most out of their CPUs.
In terms of aesthetics and features, I like the ASRock X570 Taichi more, and it is also one of the motherboards most praised by enthusiasts.
In fact, this motherboard has managed to raise the manufacturer to a new level of popularity in the market
How to install a motherboard?
Once, you have the details on the best motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900x, now you can get an understanding of how to install a motherboard:
Most importantly, this that the highly essential and most important component of your computer is the processor.
And if you have a new motherboard, you must know the correct and proper way to install it:
There are some PC system stations that already have their motherboards pre-installed. And if not installed in advance, you can perform this process on your own.
First, you must tighten all spacers directly to the plate that usually comes with a spacer tool.
Then, in the second step, you need to repair and install the rear I / O shield.
Place and mount the motherboard completely above the spacers. In the next step, you must screw this unit down completely.
Start installing and connecting the RAM modules and connect the CPU power cables and the main ATX power cable.
In addition, the individual needs to couple and connect the LEDs and even the front IO switches and connect the fans directly to the pins on the motherboard.
Start installing the USB, the audio completely in the drive and infuse the SSD.
One of the last steps is to insert the GPU and screw it in correctly . Therefore, this is the appropriate method to install any type and version of the motherboard on your PC.
Best Motherboards for Ryzen 9 3900X – Buyer’s Guide:
You should know about the proper and specific buying guide that helps you to buy the best motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900x. So, let’s take a look at the details:
Reliable and ideal design for games and streaming:
First, you can have a motherboard with reliable design and ideal choice for games and also streaming times.
If it is filled with game DNA and allows you to play quickly, this is incredible.
Also, have that motherboard model injected with a reliable design and built with a heat sink design as well.
Maximize SSD performance and avoid slowness:
You can have such a better motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900x that you can maximize the performance of the SSD and even avoid slowness.
This is the type of motherboard that avoids the aspect of thermal drowning and offers sustainable, maximum and excellent performance.
You should avoid and never buy a motherboard that does not have a core booster. Look for the best motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900x which is always packed with a main boost.
We have seen that the core augmentation is the most recent and updated advancement that is seen in many motherboard models and versions.
Therefore, the main thrust succeeds in making the delivery system powerful .