Intel’s uncertainty makes it difficult to bet on the LGA1200, but we make it easy for you with the best motherboards on the market.The LGA1200 socket will support two generations of Intel desktop processors:
It’s a socket that has received a lot of criticism for its great similarities to the 1150 socket for Coffee Lake Refresh.
However, those who want maximum FPS opt for these processors, so a good LGA1200 motherboard will help.
Looking for the best motherboard for your brand-new gen 10 intel processors? Intel has launched a whole new socket for its 10th generation processors, namely Comet Lake processors, which is currently the best gaming processor.
But also the fastest ever made. Intel has always changed sockets for years more frequently than AMD, so many people are switching to the new platform to use the next generation processors.
Best Budget LGA-1200 Motherboards To Buy in 2022
Below is the list of some top motherboards for lga 1200 which are available on budget with high good quality performance.
ASUS Prime Z490-A LGA 1200 Motherboard
About this item
- Intel LGA 1200 Socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 10th Gen Intel Core processors
- Enhanced Power Solution: 12+2 DrMOS power stages, 6-layer PCB, ProCool sockets, alloy chokes and durable capacitors for stable power delivery
- Comprehensive Cooling: VRM heatsink, PCH heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 utility
- Boosted Memory Performance: Careful routing of traces and vias, plus ground layer optimizations to preserve signal integrity for improved memory overclocking with ASUS OptiMem II
- Built for Productivity : Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet, front USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C and Thunderbolt 3 header support, Dual M.2 slots
- Personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and Gen 2 addressable headers
- Immersive Gaming Audio: The Realtek S1200A codec offers pristine audio quality to draw you deeper into the game action or to enhance your favorite music tracks or videos.
MSI Z490-A PRO ProSeries ATX Motherboard
About this item
- Supports 10th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron Processors for LGA 1200 socket
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128GB (4800MHz)
- Twin Turbo M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr delivers transfer speeds of up to 32 GB/s for ultra-fast SSDs
- Core Boost technology combines optimized power circuit layouts, double CPU power connectors, and a digital power design which allows for precise and steady current delivery to the CPU
- On-board 2.5G LAN plus Gigabit LAN with with Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
GIGABYTE Z490 Vision G Motherboard
About this item
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core processors
- Direct 12 Phases Digital VRM with 50A Smart Power Stage
- Advanced Thermal Design with Micro-Block Surface Heatsink and Next Generation Direct Touch Heatpipe
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel 2.5 GbE LAN
- 2x M.2 Thermal Guard
- Realtek ALC1220-VB2 120 dB with Nichicon MW
Gigabyte H410M S2H Motherboard
About this item
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4
- 8-Channel HD Audio with High Quality Audio Capacitors
- Ultra-Fast M. 2 with PCIe Gen3 X2 & SATA Interface
- GIGABYTE Exclusive 8118 Gaming LAN with Bandwidth Management
- HDMI /DVI-D/D-Sub Ports for Multiple Display
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
ASROCK B460M PRO4 Motherboard
About this item
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core Processors (Socket 1200)
- 9 Power Phase Design
- Supports DDR4 2933MHz
- 2 PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 (Key E) for WiFi
- AMD Quad CrossFireX and CrossFireX
While I don’t recommend using 10th gen processors if you are using an 8th or 9th gen processor from Intel, if you need to build a brand-new gaming machine or desktop PC, consider upgrading from the socket. LGA 1151 to an LGA 1200 motherboard.
LGA 1200 motherboards have some minor updates over previous LGA 1151 boards and can only be used for Intel 10th generation processors, which include processors like i3 10100, i5 10400F, i5 10600K, i7 10700K and i9 10900K.
The latter have been increased in number of cores and hyper threading compared to the 9th generation processors and are characterized by higher clock speeds.
LGA 1200 Chipset
In the range of LGA 1200 motherboards you will find 5 different chipsets: H410, B460, W480, H470 and Z490. The H410 is the entry-level chipset for base PCs, while the B460 and H470 are for mid-range PCs and the W480 is for workstations.
The Z490, on the other hand, is aimed at high-end gaming PCs and overclocking that will give you the best results.
You must know that the performance rating of a computer is highly dependent on the CPU powering the computer.
But, you would also require a similarly potent motherboard that is designed for a particular range of CPUs.
Right now, the 10th contemporary processor’s lineup from Intel is their best and most powerful offering. To be able to install one of these CPUs in your upcoming construct, you will have to get your hands on a nice LGA 1200 type of motherboard.
LGA 1200 is an Intel microprocessor socket that was released last year and can be used for all Intel comet lake processors. Here are some common factors that you will usually come across while purchasing a brand-new motherboard.
Buying Guide: How to Buy a Motherboard for LGA 1200?
We know how these electronic devices can be confusing to evaluate and understand, they are full of strange specifications, meaningless acronyms and many complex things.
And that is why we made this article, to help you understand a little more about the best motherboards on the market and thus be able to choose and buy the right model for you.
Processor (CPU) support
The first question you should ask yourself is: What kind of CPU do I want to build?
It may even seem like a silly question, but believe me, it is the best way to start thinking about investing and deciding on a suitable motherboard for you, as this will greatly reduce your options.
A motherboard usually has a type of socket (socket) specific to a processor and because of that it is always indicated to already have in mind which processor you are going to buy before going after your motherboard.
You just have to be smart with the brand too, as there are motherboards that are only compatible with Intel or AMD processors.
Format, Type or Form Factor
Another thing that influences when assembling your PC is the size of your motherboard, which has to be compatible with the space available in your case.
By default, we have 3 motherboard sizes with different dimensions, number of ports and internal slots available.
And the sizes are as follows:
- ATX or Standard ATX: It is the traditional model and most commonly found on PCs today. It has an AGP connector (graphic port for connecting the video card) and 6 PCI connectors (port for connecting other CPU components).
- Micro-ATX: It is a slightly more compact model and alternative to the traditional ATX. It also has an AGP connector and 3 PCI.
- Mini-ITX: The Mini ITX is the most compact among the three and was developed to be used in mini computers, having much fewer connectors than the others, coming only with a PCI slot.
Ports and Connections
It is extremely important to check the input and output (I / O) specifications of the ports and connections on the motherboard that you are considering purchasing. With this, you can guarantee that you will have the doors you need.
Of course, it is always possible to add more ports using external devices (such as USB HUBs or via expansion slots for example), but it is preferable (in terms of performance) that the slots are already integrated with the motherboard.
Among the many doors you can find, here is a list of the most common ones, you will have to consider which ones are necessary for your use.
- USB 3 or 3.1: When it comes to USB, this is the best option.
- USB 2: Cheaper option but with lower performance.
- USB-C: It is the fastest but not every peripheral comes with this connection, requiring the use of adapters.
- HDMI and DisplayPort: These are the two most common video outputs.
- P2 / S: It is the well-known “auxiliary input” for connecting microphones and headphones / headsets.
RAM memory is another point that is important to consider, since it stores information in real time on the computer, streamlining processes and influencing the overall performance of your computer.
The main thing here is to buy a motherboard that is compatible with the technology used in your RAM , be it DDR3, DDR4, DDR5 or even DDR5x. In addition, it is also important to be aware of the amount of slots it has, as this allows the expansion of your computer’s memory in the future.
A motherboard has a multitude of extra features, ranging from Ethernet ports, to computer diagnostic LEDs. It is of utmost importance to keep a close eye on the features you will want, such as support for a Wi-Fi network card or even other extra connections.
One last thing I recommend you to be aware of is the possibility of overclocking, because if this is a feature that you would use, it is good to buy a card with support for this function.
If you do not have support for a Wi-Fi network card, you may want to consider purchasing a Wi-Fi adapter to use on the USB port.
Fanless PCs: PCs suitable for industrial use
Upgrading or upgrading a PC is essential to gain power and loading speed. To do this, you can integrate into your central unit an ultra-powerful motherboard, a high-performance processor, a new generation graphics card, etc.
For use in an industrial environment, the classic PC upgrade is not enough. The best is to proceed with the purchase of a reinforced PC able to face the industrial constraints. PC fanless presents on its online store various models of solid PCs, efficient and suitable for use in an industrial environment.
For manufacturers who are often exposed to humidity or who tend to clean their equipment regularly, it is recommended to buy Fanless PCs with an IP65 rating. These types of PC are perfectly resistant to dust and water spray. The PCs are equipped with high-performance processors, such as Intel Core i3, Core i5 or Core i7. They are also available in several shapes and sizes.
For the metallurgy and steel industry, it is possible for them to find, on this specialized online store, industrial PCs that are resistant to shocks and high temperatures. The PC Fanless online store still offers PC models with protection against flammable substances and explosives.