Any hardware enthusiast knows that a high-end processor is accompanied by a motherboard in the same category.
However, it is more common than you think to see PC users who buy the best processor of the moment together with a motherboard that is not able to exploit the maximum potential of the processor.
With the release of the 9th generation Intel Core processors (also known as Coffee Lake Refresh ), Intel first launched an eight-core processor ( Intel Core i9-9900K ) focused on the consumer segment.
The processor manufacturer decided to accompany this line of processors with the new Intel Z390 chipset. As expected, motherboard manufacturers were more than prepared with a full lineup of motherboards with the Intel Z390 chipset.
Best Budget Motherboard for i9-9900k
Below are the some of top and good motherboards for i9-9900k in 2021 with high performance.
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Xtreme
About this item
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
- 16 phases IR digital VRM solution with power stage
- Cutting-edge thermal design with Fins-Array heatsink, direct touch Heat pipe and Nano carbon baseplate
About this item
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors (Socket 1151)
- AQUANTIA 10 Gigabit LAN, Dual Intel Gigabit LAN
- IR Digital PWM, 12 Power Phase design
- Supports DDR4 4200+(OC)
- 3 PCIe 3.0 x16, 2 PCIe 3.0 x1
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO Wi-Fi
About this item
- Supports 9th and 8th Intel Core processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel optane memory ready
- 12+1 phases digital VRM solution with DrMOS
- Advanced thermal design with multi cuts heatsinks and heat pipe. Bluetooth 5
- Onboard Intel CNVi 802.11AC 2×2 wave 2 Wi-Fi
- Alc1220 vb enhance 114db(rear)/ 110db(front) SNR in microphone with WIMA audio capacitors
- Intel Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed
- RGB Fusion with multi zone LED light show design, supports addressable LED & RGB LED strips
- Smart fan 5 features multiple temperature sensors and hybrid fan headers with fan stop
Asus ROG Maximus XI
About this item
- Designed for 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with quad M.2, ROG DIMM.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2 and onboard 802.11AC Wi-Fi
- Revamped 5-way Optimization overclocks Intelligently based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry while FanXpert 4 delivers dynamic system cooling
- Double capacity DRAM supports 32 GB of memory per DIMM, with trace and grounding enhancements to maximize OC headroom with Asus Optic-MEM II
- Overclocking Toolkit including LEDs to show Boot status and pause switch to fine-tune OC parameters mid-benchmark
- Pre-mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG’s attention to detail and quality
About this item
- LGA1151 Supports 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core Processors
- Chipset: Intel Z390. Supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Memory: 2x DDR4 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, Max Capacity of 32 GB. Supports Bluetooth 5.0 + High speed class II
- Slots: 1x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slot
- SATA: 4x SATA3 Ports Support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
Current owners of existing Z370 motherboards can safely utilize the new 9th Gen Intel Core processors by updating the motherboard BIOS to the most current revision.
However, the Z370 motherboards were designed to house Coffee Lake processors and some of them are not designed with the power capacity to squeeze the most out of the 9th generation Intel Core processors, let alone push them to the limit by applying an extreme overclocking.
The improvements to the Z390 chipset are summarized in two groups: wireless connectivity and USB connectivity.
Z370 motherboards use third-party drivers to provide wireless connectivity, Bluetooth, and USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports. The new Z390 chipset, meanwhile, already includes native support for 802.11ac Wi-Fi and up to six USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports .
Manufacturers generally divide their family of high-end motherboards into different product lines in order to be able to offer motherboards with the Intel Z390 chipset at a more affordable price, of course, with its due cut in features.
However, each brand has a motherboard that we could call the top of the high-end range . Despite having the same chipset, these motherboards come equipped with the highest quality electronics and features to squeeze every last megahertz out of Intel Core i9 processors.
Although it is difficult for a gamer or common user to take advantage of so much power, it is true that there are those who can afford to acquire them for the pure pleasure of having a team with enough resources so that their Facebook is not slowed down when scrolling infinity or when opening 100 tabs in Google Chrome.
If you are one of those users, or, as we live in love with high-end hardware, you have come to the right place.
In this post we have set out to compile a list of the 5 best Z390 motherboards that money can buy in today’s market.
These models belong to the higher end and as we already mentioned, they are more focused on enthusiasts and overclockers who want to maximize the performance of the 9th generation Intel Core processors .
Factors to consider before buying a Motherboard for i9 9900K?
You are setting an example for the current generation of motherboard selection criteria, especially for gamers.
Yet you are making progress; There is also the possibility that you may encounter the wrong motherboard. How can such erroneous events be minimized?
The only way to avoid the possibility of making wrong choices is to ensure that XYZ features are present on the motherboard. I have listed all the necessary features you should look for.
- Chipset and Socket: Remember this: Core i9 9th generation processor only supports Z390 and Z370. Sorry if you are using another motherboard, you will not be able to get the chipset to work.In the second part, we will mostly focus on the Z390 and its numerous features that provide freedom of customization and choice. Wait, we haven’t finished this newsletter yet. You need to buy a LGA1151 for the socket.
Luckily, if you choose any other socket on any of the motherboards, all you can do is apologize to yourself.
- Extensibility (ports): Another important factor you should consider before finalizing any motherboard for your chipset. Let me explain this to you with an example.Let’s say you have the best motherboard for the Core i9 9900K, but sadly it lacks the extensibility factor. The real question arises, what do I mean by extensibility? Of course, you won’t be upgrading the system before; As such, it requires you to have a number of ports already installed on your motherboard.
These ports allow you to upgrade without damaging your savings. For example, you want to embed it in another GPU in the future.
- Overlock Capacity: Who wouldn’t want this? If you are an avid gamer, the overclocking factor should not be ignored. It allows you to harness the maximum potential power of each slotted component on the motherboard.When playing games, writing code, and rendering, you need these increased frequency clocks to get things done faster, and this is only possible if your motherboard supports overclocking.
For cross checking, you will need to look at VRMs, number of heat sinks installed, and profile setup in the BIOS.
- Form factor: Sometimes people forget to even check the motherboard’s form factor. What happens is that they are not able to pin the motherboard on the case because they are so unaware of their surroundings. In short, motherboards come in three different form factors: ATX, Micro ATX, and Mini-ITX. If your case is compact and portable, I suggest you go for the micro ATX or mini-ITX form factor.
- Link: How could you forget this? For the immersive gaming experience, you need fixed Ethernet ports and fast Wi-Fi adapters, and this is only possible if your motherboard offers these value-added features. Not to mention, some motherboards offer built-in Wi-Fi if you can get it, then it’s fine and good.
- RGB: You don’t have to offer this option to your mom. Using RGB is your personal choice. If you’re on a budget and don’t want to buy expensive motherboards, it’s okay to just light your room with pink and blue colors. Non-RGB Motherboards will work fine!
Low prices do not equal poor quality
The warning will be this: Benefit perpetually from the offers, buying anything would not be critical if it is burdensome. We collaborate with incredible companies on this planet teaching sales that are updated daily.
Comfort and well-being
The quality should be the most substantial that should be examined, and we assure it because it is possible that it is neglected, we have received visitors from other websites who buy items which are not what they thought. In our this website there is a proverb: do not invest more for less.
Within the repertoire it will be possible to discover objects which have more informed descriptions than others, it should be found out in a good way within all the details. The year of creation, customer manufacturer guarantees, comfort, are certain details that we advise.
What is the best Z390 motherboard?
From our point of view, the perfect Z390 motherboard doesn’t exist. Although here we have listed what for our criteria are the 5 best Z390 motherboards that money can buy, we are sure that many of you will find more than one but to any of the models that we have mentioned.
That is why, with a catalog as vast as that of ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, ASRock and EVGA, we are sure that there is a specific model that brings together what is just and necessary to meet the needs of each type of user.
But we can assure you that if what you are looking for is the most powerful motherboard for your Intel Core i9 9900k.