The motherboard of a computer is the central part that connects the main components such as the Core i7-8700K processor, power supply, graphics card, memory and much more.
Thanks to the printed circuits, the motherboard will associate the components with each other but also make them communicate so that you can use your computer.
There are three motherboard formats that are ATX, BTX or DTX. Be careful when choosing your motherboard, do not take a case too small to accommodate all your components.
What is a socket?
The socket is an English term which designates the part which will serve as a base for the processor. To put it simply, this is the small part that will couple your Core i7-8700K to your motherboard to make them communicate.
There are three types of socket: The PGA (the most common socket), the LGA and the BGA (this one is soldered to the motherboard). Note that there is a wide variety of sockets, whether for AMD or Intel processors.
The Core i7-8700K processor has an LGA 1151 type socket. This socket is common to several generations of Intel brand processors. Indeed, this socket being released in 2015, it is compatible with 3 generations of processors.
In this way, the socket is compatible with the 6th, 7th and 8th generation of Intel processors, which means compatibility with the processors released in 2015, 2016 and 2017. This implies that you must therefore upgrade your Core i7 processor.
8700K on a motherboard which is adapted to the LGA 1151 socket. For this, we will see below, two motherboards for the Core i7-8700K.
Best Motherboards for the Core i7-8700K & RTX 2080 in 2021
Below we have short list of some top motherboards for core i7-8700k and RTX 2080.
ASUS ROG Strix Z390
About this item
- Designed for 9th 8th Generation Intel Core processors maximize connectivity and speed with Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2, onboard 802.11AC Wi Fi and ASUS optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5 way Optimization over clocks Intelligently based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry while FanXpert 4 delivers dynamic system cooling; Operating System Windows 10 64 bit
- Gamer’s Guardian ensures component longevity with safe Slot, ESD guards and DRAM over current protection
- Pre mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG’s attention to detail and quality
ASUS ROG Strix Z370
About this item
- Designed exclusively for 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with Dual M.2, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.1 and Intel Optane Memory compatibility
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Unmatched Personalization with ASUS exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting, two additional RGB headers, addressable RGB header and 3D-printing mounts
- Two Patent-pending Safe Slots feature an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs. Intel Optane Technology only supported when using 8th Generation Intel® Processors. Before using Intel Optane memory modules, ensure that you have updated your motherboard drivers and BIOS to the latest version
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio with dual headphone amplifiers and ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220A CODEC driven by Japanese capacitors
ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard
About this item
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with M. 2, USB 3. 1 Gen2 and ASUS Optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5-Way Optimization that has the intelligence to overclock a CPU based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry
- 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with Safe Slot Core, LAN Guard, Over voltage Protection provide longevity, reliability. FanXpert 4 delivers advanced fan control for dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending Safe Slot Core fortified PCIe slots prevent damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- 8-channel HD Gaming Audio featuring Realtek ALC887 high definition audio codec.
MSI Enthusiast GAMING Motherboard LGA 1151
About this item
- Supports 8th Generation Intel Core, Pentium, and Celeron Processors for Socket LGA 1151
- Intel Z370 Express Chipset
- Form Factor: ATX. Supports RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10 for SATA storage devices,Supports RAID 0, RAID 1 for M.2 PCIe storage devices1
- 4 x DDR4 memory slots supporting up 64GB
- Supports 2-Way NVIDIA SLI
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA Motherboard
About this item
- Supports 9th and 8th Intel Core processors
- Dual channel non ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel optane memory ready
- 12+1 Phases digital VRM solution with DrMOS
- Advanced thermal design with direct touch heat pipe
- Onboard Intel CNVi 802.11AC 2×2 wave 2 Wi-Fi
- Alc1220 vb enhance 114db(rear)/ 110db(front) SNR in microphone with WIMA audio capacitors
Intel’s eighth generation of processors, also known as “Coffee Lake,” has created a versatile, high-capacity processor that is ideal for any high-end system in 2018 and beyond.
Although not as fast as Intel’s i9 offerings, the i7-8700K definitely offers much better value than the Core i9 and should exceed your expectations in whatever you throw at it.
The Intel Core i7-8700K is a huge improvement over its predecessor, the Kaby Lake i7-7700K , offering an overwhelming base and out-of-the-box 3.7GHz and 4.7GHz boost clock, from its 6 cores and 12 threads. . The TDP is higher than its non-overclocked version, the i7-8700, at 95W.
The Z370 chipset motherboards are designed to support these power-hungry 6-core processors, as well as to help enthusiasts who want to further overclock the i7-8700K.
Intel recommended that the Z270 motherboards not be used with the Coffee Lake CPU architecture, although an overclocked ignored this and managed to dial the i7-8700K up to 7.3GHz; many Z270 motherboards were over designed to handle higher power delivery processors.
With that said, opting for a Z370 motherboard is recommended when paired with the Coffee Lake i7-8700K processor.
It is important that if you decide to build a system with the Core i7-8700K that you need to pair it with the appropriate components to take full advantage of this capable processor.
The components that need consideration and that can have a major impact on the performance of your i7-8700K system is choosing an appropriate motherboard, CPU cooler, and DDR4 memory.
NVIDIA’s new graphics card has been released. This series of graphics cards, which supported real-time ray tracing and renamed from GTX to RTX, has increased in price as much as the increased performance, but the RTX2080 Ti,
Which is the highest specification in the expectations of users who have been waiting for new technology and higher performance, is Despite its enormous price, it has gained so much popularity that it is difficult to obtain in the market.
Today, I will introduce the specifications and manufacturing process of the best-spec computer produced by applying the RTX2080, which is easy to obtain
CPU Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake
Recently, Intel CPU prices have risen a lot worldwide due to poor supply and demand, but despite the high price, they are showing steady sales.
In particular, the Intel Core i7-8700K, which supports the best gaming performance, is the most popular choice for making the highest-end computers with the most powerful per-core performance.
You can also overclock with a clock of 5.0GHz or higher by performing IHS tuning to obtain higher performance. Recently, the price tax has also stabilized, so it is recommended.
Motherboard MSI B360 Gaming Pro Carbon
We are posting a top-of-the-line computer, but we are not going to overclock it. In fact, it’s because it’s Intel Core i7-8700K, a CPU that supports powerful enough performance without overclocking.
Therefore, we chose MSI’s B360 GAMING PRO CARBON, which is gaining a lot of popularity because it does not support overclocking, but it is made with a unique concept and a stable power supply that is comparable to the Z390 series.
What CPU is equipped with 2080?
Take RTX2080 as an example. It is recommended to use Intel’s eight-generation Core i7-8700K, i7-8086K, i7-7820X, i9-7900X, AMD Ryzen 7-2700X processors first.
RTX2080 graphics card uses the new Turing TU104 core architecture, with 2944 stream processors, based on 12 nm manufacturing process, 256bit memory width, 8 GB GDDR6 memory, core frequency 1515MHz, Boost frequency 1710MHz, equivalent memory frequency 14000MHz, TDP The power consumption is 215W, and it uses 6+8Pin external power supply. The performance is much better than GTX1080, which belongs to the current high-end level of positioning.
Which CPU does rtx2080 match?
Intel processor positioning analysis, i3 is positioned in the mid-end, i5 is positioned in the high-end, and i7 is positioned in the high-end, so the best match is the i7 series, and the latest i7 series products, the old i7 should not be considered, after all, RTX2080 is a new graphics card , I don’t recommend matching with old CPUs.
As for the specific models of the i7 series, it is recommended to use Intel’s eight-generation Core i7-8700K, i7-8086K, i7-7820X, i9-7900X, AMD Ryzen 7-2700X processors first.
What CPU is RTX2080 equipped with? The editor first recommends matching with Intel’s eighth-generation Core i7-8700 and i7-8086K mainstream high-end processors.
If the RTX2080 is equipped with Intel’s eight-generation i7-8700K, i7-8086K series processors, the main board recommended is the Z370 motherboard.
Buying Guide for 7-8700K and RTX 2080 Motherboards
Therefore, here are some essential things that you should know before making the purchase of the new motherboard for your new gaming PC.
- CPU compatibility
The main thing you need to take care of is whether the motherboard is compatible with your CPU or not. In this post, I have listed all the motherboard that is compatible with 8th and 9th Gen Intel Core processors, and they are the best motherboard for i7 8700K.
- Form factor
Another main thing that you have to choose is the form factor of the motherboard that you are looking for. Form factor, in other words, perhaps essentially characterized as the or shape you’re trying to find. Mostly ATX and Micro ATX, and AMPFI ATX form factors are used on motherboards.
In the possibility that you are unknown about the form factor you need, compare it with the accessible elements with the most recent one you used to get a reasonable idea.
The LGA, PGA, and BGA play an important role in motherboard connectivity. So go for the socket that is acceptable for your CPU. We recommend that you get LGA as it is the latest socket from Intel.
- PCI slots:
To connect expandable cards, the PCI slots must be there on the motherboard. According to your requirements you should select the motherboard with compatible extension slots.
In the possibility that you are buying consistent motherboard for gaming purposes, you should buy a motherboard with at least one that supports a PCI slot with at least x16 slot.
- SATA slots
SATA slots play an essential role in connecting to external optical drives and other storage devices like HDD and SSD. Therefore, before buying a motherboard, make sure it has SATA ports that will help you connect all the necessary drives later.
- Motherboard Features
Some motherboards come with very powerful and useful features like onboard Wi-Fi audio features etc. So, you expect some built-in features like that built-in Wi-Fi, great audio, and so much more, so you don’t have to worry about those down the road.
With many options, comes a lot of confusion. Maybe you can’t make a confirmed decision, right? Don’t worry, we are recommending a motherboard that might be perfect for your needs.
And that’s the MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE gaming motherboard. It is the best motherboard for i7 8700K for those who want triple M.2 Slots and more VPM phases and also have no budget problems.
And if you are on a tight budget and looking for an excellent performance board, then Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) is perfect for you.
All the motherboard mentioned above is the best motherboards for i7 8700K processor, with a unique set of specifications that are capable enough to satisfy user requirements with max. Accuracy, and they all provide good performance results.
We hope this article is helpful to you. Make sure to read the buying guide as it will help you in the state of confusion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Z370 Overclock?
Yes you can, if you have one with good quality then you will be able to overclock as long as you do it safely and accordingly to avoid any damage to the hardware.
What is the cheapest Z370?
The cheapest, as mentioned above, would be the ASUS Prime Z370-A.
Are Z370 motherboards backward compatible?
No, unfortunately they are not, the Z370 despite using the same socket as previous generations. Therefore, they are not backward compatible.