The motherboard is the central pillar on which any PC is built, a well-deserved title, since on it we will have to connect such important components as the processor, RAM, graphics card and storage unit.
In effect, the motherboard acts as a link between the different components of the PC, either totally or partially. For example, the fans are not installed directly on the motherboard, but are connected to it to obtain the power they need, and the same is true for storage drives that use 2.5 and 3.5-inch formats.
We must not forget that, in addition, it is the motherboard that determines what components and what peripherals we can connect to our equipment. We could establish small nuances, since it is true that by adding sound cards or graphics cards we can overcome some of the limitations imposed by a certain motherboard, but in the end it is this that sets the minimum scale in terms of compatibility.
Its importance is beyond doubt. Making a mistake when choosing a motherboard can completely ruin the assembly of a PC, a problem that can come from several fronts, including from a motherboard with a very large size that does not fit a certain chassis or that does not support a specific CPU, and it can also shape a functional but ‘crippled’ montage.
As we see there are many things that we must take into account when choosing a motherboard, and that makes it a very complicated decision . That is why we have decided to update our shopping guide dedicated to motherboards , an article that our readers liked a lot and whose renewal you have been asking us for a few months. Here you have it, I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it.
Top Best Motherboard For Intel X Series:
Below are the some of best motherboard for Intel X series which are good and fast in performance.
Asus Prime X299- A II ATX Motherboard
About this item
- Intel x299 LGA 2066 socket: ready for the latest Intel Core X-Series processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to three M.2 drives, USB 3.2 Gen 2, Intel VROC and Intel Optane Memory compatibility
- Robust power design: 12 IR3555 power stages, ProCool II connectors, alloy Chokes and ultra-durable capacitors for stable power delivery
- Comprehensive cooling solution: ultra-efficient heatsink reduces M.2 SSD temperatures by up to 20° C for unthrottled transfer speeds and enhanced reliability, an array of fan Headers, and options for water pump or AIO
- Next Gen connectivity: Intel Optane Memory Ready, Intel VROC support, Dual M.2 support, Multi-GPU support and USB 3.2 Gen Type-C
- Ai overclocking: quickly optimizes your CPU performance based on the CPU and cooler, achieving results that are extremely close to manual tuning by experts
- Unmatched Personalization ASUS-exclusive aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 RGB headers
- Industry leading audio: high fidelity audio with crystal sound 3, DTS sound unbound for pristine, powerful audio
- Diy friendly: pre-mounted I/O shield, flexkey, Asus safe Slot, Asus Node connector and BIOS Flashback for a friendlier building experience
EVGA X299 FTW K
About this item
- Supports Intel Core X-Series cascade lake-X, Skylake-X and Kaby lake-X processors for 2066 socket
- E-atx form Factor; operating System Support: Windows 10 64-bit
- 32GB DIMM support – 4 DIMM Quad-Channel DDR4 up to 256GB 4000MHz+ cascade lake-X/Skylake-X, and 128GB 4133MHz+ Kaby lake-X
- 4 USB 2.0 Ports (2 internal headers), 8 USB 3.1 Gen1 Ports (6 rear panel, 2 from 1 internal header), 2 USB 3.1 Gen2 Ports (1x Type-A, 1x Type-C)
- 8 SATA 6 Gb/s ports, 2 M.2 Key-M 110mm, 80mm (up to 32Gbps), 1 M.2 Key-E 32mm, 2 U.2 port
- New EVGA GUI BIOS features in-bios stress test and OC robot to auto-overclock your CPU and set per Core Clock speeds and voltages
- Get grip game + EVGA vehicle skin w/ Purchase, redeemed at EVGA website, while supplies last
GIGABYTE X299 UD4 Pro
About this item
- Supports Intel Core X-Series Processor Family
- Quad Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 8 DIMMs
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
- Intel VROC ready
- ASMedia 3142 USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Type-A
ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe II X299 Motherboard
About this item
- LGA2066 socket Intel Core X-Series processors Triple M.2, front panel USB 3.1 Gen2, onboard 802.11AC Wi-Fi and 5G LAN, Intel VROC and Intel Optane Memory compatibility
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending Safe Slot features an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPU
- Unmatched Personalization with ASUS exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting and livedash OLED TO give you the option to display system stats or custom graphics
- Pre-mounted IO Shield reduces installation time and increases contact with ports for improved connectivity
GIGABYTE X299X AORUS Designare 10G
About this item
- Supports Intel Core X-Series Processor Family
- Quad Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 8 DIMMs. Operating System : Support for Windows 10 64-bit
- 12 phases IR digital VRM solution with 70a power stage
- Advanced Fins-Array thermal design with extended heatpipes/backplate
- Intel Thunderbolt 3 – the USB-C that does it all
Which motherboard to choose? First steps
Budget is key when choosing a motherboard, there is no doubt about that. This will imply that you will have to give up a series of certain features, and that you will have to accept a less careful aesthetic and a lower quality of construction.
However, it is important to be clear that even if your budget is small it must be enough to buy a motherboard that meets the needs of the equipment you plan to mount, and this means several things that must be engraved in stone. The first is that it must be prepared to make optimal use of all the components that you are going to install. For example, if we are going to use Ryzen processors we must look for an AM4 motherboard , and if we are going to use Core 9000 processors we must get a motherboard with an LGA1151 socket and 300 series chipset .
Second we must pay attention to the size. If we are going to use a chassis that only supports the micro-ATX format and we buy an ATX motherboard we will have a problem. On the other hand, if our goal is to build a very small team, we must get a mini-ITX motherboard. Here is a summary of the most used formats today and their different sizes so that you have an exact reference.
- ATX: This is the size that is considered the standard in the general consumer market and remains the most popular. It measures 305 x 244 mm.
- Micro-ATX: its popularity has grown substantially, since it allows mounting compact but powerful equipment.
- Mini-ITX: allows you to mount very small equipment without having to give up a good level of performance. It measures 170 x 170 mm.
There is no doubt that the motherboard represents a very important investment, and as such we must give it the value it deserves. However, when choosing, we must be very clear about the budget from which we start and the objectives of the assembly that we are going to carry out, since this will affect our decision.
If you plan to choose a processor with the multiplier unlocked and raise its frequencies, you need to choose a motherboard that has the necessary chipset to be able to overclock . In the case of AMD, the B350, X370, B450, X470 and X570 chipsets allow overclocking without problems, while in the case of Intel only the “Z” series chipsets will allow us to overclock. For example, a Core i9 9900K processor should be paired with a Z370 chipset motherboard, while a Core i9 10900K should be mounted on a Z490 motherboard.
It is not necessary to buy a motherboard of 300 or 400 euros to enjoy a good experience, although there is no universal rule that allows us to define the budget that we must allocate to said component in an absolute way. All in all, I like to use a fairly simple and interesting rule that almost never fails and that I want to share with you: the best thing to do is, in most cases, to invest in the motherboard between a third, at least, and half, at most, of what the processor that we are going to use will cost us.
What things will depend directly on the choice of a motherboard?
Well, many, the truth , so many that we can easily understand why we have said that it is so important to take care of the choice of this component.
Below I share with you a simplified, but quite complete breakdown , with all the keys that you must be clear when choosing your new motherboard:
- The socket and the processors that we can use. LGA socket motherboards, in their different versions, support Intel CPUs, while AM4 socket motherboards support AMD processors and APUs.
- The amount of supported RAM,the available slots, the type and the speed of the same. A motherboard with four RAM memory slots is more versatile when planning future expansion.
- The connectorsfor storage units (SATA III, M.2, etc.) and for accessories. If we want to mount an M.2 PCIE SSD and we choose a motherboard without said connector, we will have a problem.
- The number ofavailable PCIE slots , as well as their type and speed. It is not a contentious issue, since all current motherboards mount at least one PCIE 3.0 x16 connector.
- Compatibility with processors that support overclocking. We must take this into account, since mounting a processor that supports overclocking on a motherboard that does not allow to take advantage of this feature will be a serious error.
- Other important things, such as integrated sound, network and connectivity options. The most advanced motherboards have superior sound solutions and allow the use of advanced management and optimization tools. The same applies to network options.
Keep in mind that not all of these elements are of equal importance. If we have a tight budget we must prioritize the overall quality of the board , and make sure it has the connectors and slots we need. It will be useless to buy a very cool motherboard with LEDs if its power system cannot handle the processor you are going to mount, for example.
In terms of connectivity, most current motherboards have everything we may need, including USB Type-C connectors and a generous number of USB Type A.
Which Intel X series motherboard to choose, can sometimes turn into a real hell, since this is the one who bridges each and every one of the computer’s parts , and the one that makes its performance correct. .
The type of socket, connectivity, HDMI and VGA outputs, USB 3.0 ports, complicated right?
The essential thing is that the motherboard is something fundamental and key in a computer, sometimes, saving in this aspect can suspect incompatibility problems with the respective headache.
For that reason we recommend that you be very attentive so as not to regret when selecting the motherboard for your computer .
As you have seen, we have good purchase options and I promise you, they are undoubtedly the best Intel X series of 2021 for their specifications, individual votes and their excellent price, a purchase a success!
Although in any case I want to suggest a sequence of advice before obtaining this product. And it is that in the end, although I advise you models, it is important that you make the final decision yourself and these are the key points for the Intel X series motherboard.
Features of a compatible Intel X-series motherboard
This is undoubtedly one of the fears that we all have. Assembling our PC ourselves can cause the components to be incompatible with each other .
In this, the Intel X series motherboard is the one that establishes the performance of the pc and, therefore, choosing compatible components is essential.
How do I know which motherboard is compatible with my processor?
As you already know, you should not use an AM4 processor on a motherboard compatible with 1151 processors. Therefore , the motherboard socket must match the processor socket.
What is the suitable Ram Memory for the Intel X series motherboard?
There are multiple types of memory: DDR and DDR2 DDR3 (old) and DDR4 (current). These range from 2 Gigabytes to 16 GB (in individual modules). Therefore make sure before obtaining the motherboard that it supports a minimum of 8 Gb of ram, and if the motherboard is compatible with the dual channel. While not worrying enough, nowadays, all plates comply with this.
But really the type of memory and the size is not important when buying a motherboard since they all tend to be compatible. We remember that to play we require 8 Gigabytes, while, to work or edit we will need at least 16 Gigabytes.
The most important thing is the continuity and latency of the Ram memories and this is where we usually get lost. At the time of obtaining the board, verify that it matches, for example with 3000 MHz memories. If your board does not work with these memories and they are the ones you have, the pc will normally lower them to 2400 Mhz, but in some cases it is possible that do not start, so be careful!
By following these steps when buying the memories of our device, we will avoid bottlenecks and incompatibilities.
Is my graphics card compatible with my motherboard?
In the case of this relevant processor and motherboard, it is clear that you will have no problem as long as any graphics card is compatible (without getting into the bottleneck issue).
In the situation of the rest of motherboards we come to one of the much more important points of this article, while most manufacturers do not give information about the compatibility with graphics cards.
Normally each and every graphics card is supported , be it a cheap or professional graphics card, or have the PCI Express 3.0 board or not. But if this requires extra power (not only from the PCI) and the processor is also strong, it often happens that the board cannot handle everything. Even if the power supply has enough capacity, the board will cause the pc to shut down (it happened to us with an inexpensive ASROCK model for socket 1151 and with another gigabyte).
If you have concerns with your motherboard and you cannot find information on the developer’s page, you can contact us in the contact section.
Why buy an Intel X series motherboard online?
I have tracked the web for you and having the product delivered to our home in a maximum of 48 hours is incredible, it is very easy and fast , that is why many people now choose to obtain products online for the simplicity that it gives.
The benefit of buying cuffs online is that by doing a simple search we can see the real price, see bargains and buy it from anywhere, you can even order it with your mobile!
If you wanted to compare in stores like Carrefour or Hipercor to see this product at this time you will know the cost. I have crawled the website for you and we have chosen the most prominent items and you can easily match their price. Remember that all the orders you make from our website have home delivery with the convenience that this entails at the same time.
For this reason I show you the much more recommended products, on offer and with the best quality price that are in stock. In turn, you can review opinions of those who acquired these models, all facilities!
My take on the Intel X series motherboard is it worth it?
As always, make sure that the motherboard works with the processor, since it is the one that has much more danger of breaking, since the pins are delicate.
Also make sure that the motherboard is compatible with the continuity of your RAM memory (the standard is 2400 MHz in DDR4) and with your graphics card, do your research.
Finally, anticipate your needs, to call them basic in some way. USB ports, video outputs and others to avoid last minute scares, an APU with a motherboard without VGA, DVI, HDMI or Display Port output, in short, no comment. By following these guidelines you will be much closer to getting the most out of your pc.