After several hours of research among a range of approximately 45 models on the market, we have selected the 4 best motherboards for pc gaming of the moment.
Best Motherboard For PC Gaming To Buy 2021
Below are the list of top motherboards for pc gaming which are high in performance.
ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490 Motherboard
About this item
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 10th Gen Intel Core processors
- Extreme Power Solution: features 16 infineon power stages, each rated to handle 70 amps, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to provide reliable power even when push the CPU performance to the limit
- Hybrid Cooling System: CrossChill EK III VRM block and Extra-large heatsinks for VRM, chipset and M. 2 slots, solid steel backplate lets you cool with air and water
- Fastest Gaming Connectivity: Intel WiFi 6 AX201 (802. 11 ax), Dual Ethernet with Marvell AQtion 10Gb and Intel 2. 5Gb Ethernet with LANGaurd technology, Triple M. 2 slots, USB 3. 2 Gen 2×2 front panel connectors
- Unmatched Personalization: 2” Livedash OLED, ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including 2X 4-pin RGB header and 2x Gen 2 addressable RGB headers
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio: High fidelity audio with the SupremeFX S1220A codec, DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III draws you deeper into the game action
MSI MEG Z490 ACE Gaming Motherboard
About this item
- Supports 10th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron Processors for LGA 1200 socket
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128GB total (4800MHz)
- Frozr Heatsink designed with active cooling, Double Ball Bearings, Zero Frozr Technology, and MOSFET Backplates for high-performance heat dissipation
- Triple Turbo M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr delivers transfer speeds of up to 32 GB/s for ultra-fast SSDs
- On-board 2.5G LAN plus Gigabit LAN with with Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
- Pre-installed I/O Shielding for convenience and protection from electrostatic discharge
MSI MAG Mortar Motherboard
About this item
- Supports up to 128GB dual-channel memory
- Micro ATX form factor
- Socket type: LGA 1200
- Chipset: Intel B460
- Ports:1 x Ethernet LAN RJ-45, 1 x HDMI, 2 x USB3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 2 x USB2.0
ASROCK B460 Steel Legend Motherboard
About this item
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core Processors(Socket 1200)
- 9 Phase Dr.MOS Power Design
- Supports DDR4 2933MHz
- 2 PCIe 3.0 x16, 2 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2(Key E) For WiFi
- AMD CrossFireX
The best, in our opinion, is the Asus Rog Strix Z390-I Gaming because, with its mini-ITX format, it offers great performance for gamers, without the slightest overheating, and it even comes with LED lights to style your machine.
Reference link: asus.com
How do we choose?
Motherboards, like and those , are key pieces of our computers and many are unaware of their existence and what they really offer. The difficulty in choosing one is that there are many models.
In order to know what to pay attention to when buying one of these products, it is important to identify the criteria based on which it can be judged:
• The format : Most use an ATX format, which requires larger packages, but they are faster and have more PCI-Express ports and more memory card space, as well medium-sized Micro-ATX . Motherboards Mini-ITX is the smallest and often the most expensive. They are great for a small gaming PC, but they have fewer PCI ports and less room for RAM.
• The chipset : The chipset is the main and very important part of a motherboard. It will control the flow of data between the microprocessor and the other elements that make up the motherboard. Therefore, a good chipset offers more functions. It will have an influence on the performance of the processor. The best ones will often come from AMD and Intel, who will offer a different number of ports.
• Connectivity – You need to check how many RAM ports are included and how fast they can go. There’s no point buying a DDR4 if you can’t run it full throttle on your motherboard. Better buy a motherboard that has a connector adapted to the hard drive you want to install.
• Compatibility : Processors evolve and motherboards follow the same curve, modernizing to accommodate next-generation processors. Therefore, it is better to pay attention to the type of CPU you have to choose a motherboard compatible with the latter.
• The cooling system : allows to cool the elements that have too high temperatures. This is usually the case with overclocking, which is a process that aims to exceed the clock frequency of the CPU, which tends to overheat this component and this is where fans come in to counter this.
A first stealth search allowed us to isolate 15 models, which deserved more attention from us, due to their popularity with users and their reliability.
By looking at tests conducted on the Internet, by looking at the technical sheet of all products, by reading the opinions of French and English-speaking Internet users, and by ensuring the legitimacy of these comments, we were able to extract the 5 best motherboards of the moment .
Tips for a quick purchase of your gaming motherboard
If you want to fully enjoy the new games that have been released in 2019, you should consider their new updates, therefore, to keep up with these games and their recent demands, you will need a new computer or update your system.
To achieve this, you must purchase a powerful motherboard like the 11 models that we have presented. But first, we offer you some important tips before buying your gaming motherboard .
GET THE RIGHT SOCKET FOR YOUR CPU
You can find great CPUs from Intel or AMD, but whichever processor you choose, make sure your board has the correct socket that can support it.
The latest mainstream AMD chips use AM4 CPU sockets, while the current Intel 8 and Core Gen 9 CPUs require 1151v2 LGA sockets.
CONSIDER THE SIZE OF THE BOARDS
Smaller boards equals fewer slots and features. Motherboards come in three main sizes: ATX, Micro-ATX, and Mini-ITX.
Yes, Mini is smaller than Micro. You can use a smaller chassis with a micro or mini board, but you will have to settle for fewer card expansion slots, sometimes fewer RAM slots and other connectors.
DON’T SPEND MONEY UNNECESSARILY
You can find a good gaming motherboard for less than $100, but if you want to overclock for speed, an Intel chip, or need many ports, you will have to spend more, usually up to $150 or more. High-end desktop CPUs like the AMD Threadripper and Intel Core X require expensive motherboards, over $200.
Pay for the built-in Wi-Fi if you need it and also for the high-end ports only if you want them on your motherboard. Don’t spend extra money if you use a wired connection. You can test your PC in the future by getting support for USB 3.1 Gen 2 and Thunderbolt 3.
IS AN EXPENSIVE GAMING MOTHERBOARD NECESSARY?
For the average GAMING BOARD user , motherboards, or mobos for short, have features and generally speaking don’t directly influence performance.
While this is a bit simplistic, as long as you get a motherboard that is compatible with your selected components, everything will work fine.
WHAT DO YOU STOP GETTING IF YOU DON’T BUY AN EXPENSIVE GAMING MOTHERBOARD?
The motherboards GAMING cheaper generally do not support Crossfire or SLI. They will also have fewer USB ports, no or fewer port slots like USB-C / M.2 / SATA Express, higher risk of failure or poor performance, less overclocking capabilities, and many times they don’t have Wi-Fi / Bluetooth features.
Again, if you are not going to use certain functions or ports, you are wasting money. So we advise you to buy only what you really need.
Choosing the best motherboard for your PC does not necessarily imply buying the best motherboard available on the market, but choosing the one that best suits what you need.
And since it is a very important choice, since as you know all the other components are connected to it, in this tutorial we will try to guide you so that you can choose the best motherboard depending on your needs and the rest of your hardware .
The choice of the motherboard for your next PC is not something trivial, much as in the end most of the less knowledgeable people focus only on the price, the range and the processor or memory with which it is compatible.
However, if you really want to choose the best motherboard for you and not spend too much or too little, then keep reading because in this article you will find everything you need to know.
Motherboards, and especially high-end ones, generally carry a huge amount of features under their arms that you may not need, and that also make it a bit difficult to understand their characteristics .
You have motherboards from less than 50 euros to more than 1,000 so the number of models to choose from will not be, so let’s see what characteristics you should look at to choose the most appropriate according to what you need.
How to choose the best pc gaming motherboard understanding your needs
We repeat the fact that we are not looking for the best motherboard on the market, but the best according to what your needs are. That said, we are going to look at the crucial factors when choosing the plate that best suits what you need.
What budget do you have for the pc gaming motherboard?
As we said, prices vary a lot and will dictate the range of the motherboard. We have very basic boards for less than 50 dollar to boards for 1,000 dollar, designed for HEDT range processors such as Intel Core X or AMD Threadripper, so depending on what you want and your budget, this is what you are going to can find.
• Up to 100 euros : for this price there are motherboards that even allow overclocking for AMD processors (even some with X370 chipset), but for Intel things changes, and you will have to settle for motherboards that do not allow overclocking unless you find a good offer on Z370 boards.
• From 100 to 150 dollar : in this range you will already find Intel Z370 motherboards, which is what you will need if you want to overclock. You can also find some higher-end AMD boards, even with X470 chipsets and “premium” features like RGB or Wi-Fi.
• From 150 to 200 euros : we are increasing the budget and the characteristics and powers that we will find are increasing. In this range you will find boards with better heat sinks, more VRM that improve overclocking stability, as well as better connectivity including USB 3.1 Gen. 2.
• More than 200 euros : here we enter the “premium” category within what would be the medium or medium / high range of systems, which is what you surely need. In this range we will already find some of the best motherboards on the market, with many overclocking-oriented features, great connectivity and even very aggressive aesthetics, geared toward gaming. In this category there are also the HEDT boards, intended for the highest-end processors, although in this case they usually start at 300 euros.