If you’re in search of a water-cooled motherboard then you’ve come to the right place.
Unlike traditional motherboards, water-cooled motherboards include an integrated monoblock that is not simply plows the VRM but often the CPU and chipset, as well.
In particular, this modification petitions to overclockers searching for an unrivaled cooling solution.
If you’ve been thinking about water-cooling your PC, it can be quite a daunting experience, but motherboard maker MSI and spray cooling hardware make EK, have teamed up to offer a parcel that includes everything you need to for your motherboard.
The MSI MPG Z5 90 Carbon EK X has MSI’s MPG Z5 90 Carbon Wi-Fi motherboards, which has molted its heat sinks in favor of the included EK water block, which cools not just your Intel CPU, but the motherboards VRMs very.
Also included is EK’s stupendous hole tester, which you can use to pressurize your water-cooling loop before you fill it to see if there are any loose fittings or tubing that might otherwise leak. I’ve been using one with all my personal erects for years, so it’s great to see this gadget included here.
As well as lower CPU and VRM temperatures, the kit can actually save you fund. It retails for around $499 right now, but buying all the components separately actually costs around $650. So if you’re looking at getting into water-cooling for the first time or modernizing your PC, it’s potentially a good way to save money.
Best water cooling motherboards In 2021
Below, we will cover the best water-cooled motherboards on the market right now.
GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS Xtreme WATERFORCE
About this item
- Supports 11th and 10th Gen Intel Core Series Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- 20+1 Phases Digital VRM Solution with 100A Smart Power Stage and Tantalum Polymer Capacitors Array
- XTREME MEMORY with SMT DIMM and Shielded Memory Routing
- Thermal Reactive Armor with All in One Monoblock and NanoCarbon Baseplate
ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490
About this item
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 10th Gen Intel Core processors
- Extreme Power Solution: features 16 infineon power stages, each rated to handle 70 amps, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to provide reliable power even when push the CPU performance to the limit
- Hybrid Cooling System: CrossChill EK III VRM block and Extra-large heatsinks for VRM, chipset and M. 2 slots, solid steel backplate lets you cool with air and water
- Fastest Gaming Connectivity: Intel WiFi 6 AX201 (802. 11 ax), Dual Ethernet with Marvell AQtion 10Gb and Intel 2. 5Gb Ethernet with LANGaurd technology, Triple M. 2 slots, USB 3. 2 Gen 2×2 front panel connectors
- Unmatched Personalization: 2” Livedash OLED, ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including 2X 4-pin RGB header and 2x Gen 2 addressable RGB headers
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio: High fidelity audio with the SupremeFX S1220A codec, DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III draws you deeper into the game action
ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula
About this item
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Comprehensive thermal design: integrated cross Chill EK III, active PCH heatsink, M. 2 aluminum heatsink, and ROG cooling zone.
- High-performance networking: on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO support, 5G and Gigabit Ethernet courtesy of aquatic and Intel, both with Asus Languid protection and support for GameFirst V software.
- 5-Way Optimization: automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
- Diy friendly design: pre-mounted I/O shield, Asus safe Slot, BIOS Flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS.
MSI MPG Z590 Carbon EK X
About this item
- Supports 11th and 10th Gen Intel Core/Pentium/Celeron processors for LGA 1200 Socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 5333(OC) MHz
- CPU + VRM Water Cooling: A custom-designed EK monoblock with build-in inflow indicator that offers pristine cooling for both the CPU and VRM power delivery section.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 x4 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2
- Enhanced Power Design: 16+1+1 Duet Rail Power System, dual 8-pin CPU power connectors, Core Boost, DDR4 Boost
Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Glacial
About this item
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 11th Gen Intel Core processors
- Optimized Thermal Design: Integrated EK water block that cools VRM, CPU and PCH; high-conductivity thermal pads, five M.2 heatsinks with embedded backplates and ROG Water-Cooling Zone
- AI Motherboard : AI Overclocking, AI cooling, AI networking and AI noise cancelation; Unmatched Personalization: 2” LiveDash color OLED, ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including one RGB header and three addressable Gen 2 RGB headers; DIY-Friendly Design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, V_Latch switch, BIOS FlashBack, Q-Code, FlexKey, Q-Connector, SafeSlot and Graphics Card Holder
- Extreme Power Solution: 18+2 teamed power stages – each rated at 100 Amps, ProCool II power connectors, MicroFine alloy chokes and 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors; Fattest Gaming Connectivity: PCIe 4.0, five M.2 slots, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 front-panel connector, dual Thunderbolt 4 USB-C ;Industry-leading Gaming Audio & AI Noise Cancelation: High fidelity audio with the SupremeFX ALC4082 CODECESS, DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III draws you deeper into the game action.Communicate clearly with ASUS AI Noise Cancelation technology
- Superb Thermal Design: Enlarged VRM heatsinks plus integrated aluminum I/O cover, high-conductivity thermal pad, five M.2 heatsinks with embedded backplates and ROG Water-Cooling Zone Future Proof Gaming Networking: Intel WiFi 6E AX210 pair with ROG Rapture GT-AXE11000 to enjoy world’s first 6HGz wireless transfer speed, dual Ethernet with Marvell AQtion 10Gb and Intel 2.5Gb Ethernet;
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Water Cool A Motherboard?
Since the introduction of custom-engineered monoblocks, it’s entirely possible to water-cool a motherboard. Monoblocks from liquid-cooling professionals “EK-Quantum” are designed specifically to cool the VRM and CPU in one smacked while avoiding clearance issues.
Is Motherboard Cooling Required ?
For most people, cooling the motherboard is not necessary unless they wish to overclock their committee beyond the temperature protection restriction. In this case, installing some dedicated cooling can benefit the voltage regulator module performance and is to improve the longevity of the MOSFETs.
Is VRM Sea Cooling Important ?
Water cooling the VRM is only important if the air dissemination inside the case is not sufficient. When properly cooled, the MOSFETs will last far longer as they are less susceptible to overheating. They will also range more efficiently, improving your processors’ performance.
Does It Be Necessary To A Special Motherboard For Water Cooling ?
Providing there’s a compatible water block available for your current motherboard( with enough clearance for your CPU ), you are not needed a special motherboard for water-cooling. Once fitted, it will then perform the same function as a specialist motherboard with an integrated water block.